Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Transport of Workers in Panama

I have gotten used to the way that the Panamanians pack their workers into the back of a truck on their way to and from work, I have seen it so often. As North Americans we are not used to this sight. Sometimes they are perched on the side rails in the box of the truck. Sometimes they are packed in with tools and equipment or supplies.

It always amazes me that no one seems to think about the impact that the movement of a large refrigerator would make, should the truck sway in the wrong direction, on the poor Panamanian that has been solicited to hold it up on the trip.  Or how about being impaled by some of the tools or materials being transported via the same containment.

This particular day we were behind a Panamanian carrying his bicycle off the back of the truck. It was not one of the most exciting transports we have seen, but at least I had my camera ready for this one.






No comments:

Post a Comment